This website is supported in part by a grant from the New Bedford Cultural Council, a local agency of the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
Since its founding in 1983, the role of the RJD has expanded from steward of an historic building to a proactive member of the cultural community, offering a variety of programs for a diverse audience. A Partner in the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park, the RJD joins New Bedford’s cultural and educational organizations in pursuit of excellence and the potential of what we many all accomplish together.
The Museum gratefully acknowledges the support of the many individuals, foundations, and organizations whose ongoing support allows the Museum to fulfill its mission.
The RJD Museum has recently received grant funding from the following organizations:
- Community Foundation
- Grimshaw-Gudewicz Charitable Foundation
- Helen E. Ellis Charitable Fund
- Massachusetts Cultural Council
- Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities
- New Bedford Local Cultural Council
- New Bedford Whaling National Historic Park
- Olive Prouty Higgins Foundation