Currently Seeking: Development & Administration Coordinator
Staff at RJD serve as stewards of an historic building and garden, and as proactive members of the cultural community, helping the museum to serve and respond to the interests of a diverse audience. Staff members maintain a standard of excellence, contribute to an inclusive environment, and are enabled to share their passions and creativity through their work.
The Development and Administration Coordinator (DAC) supports the museum’s interactions with its constituencies by managing both back office functions and forward-facing tasks. They are the key staff responsible for accurate data base records, prompt correspondence, and regular communications to donors, members, and the public. This position reports to the Executive Director and supports her in fundraising and relationship-building. This position is full time and includes paid time off, and health and retirement plans.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. As a small staff, everyone must be available to work the occasional weekend or evening event.
Salary Range: $38,000 – $42,000
- Maintain and update constituency records, including input of gifts, memberships, event registration and contact information
- Provide reports on membership and donors, including for the Annual Report, as requested
- Coordinate and execute department mailings, including membership cards/packets, appeals, membership renewals, event invitations, acknowledgements
- Cultivate new members and member incentives; maintain member relationships
- Process routine charitable donation requests from third-parties (ie. requests for donations of memberships, gate passes, in-kind services, etc.)
- Steward the membership and donors through periodic donor and membership-related events, working with the RJD Events Staff
- Provide major support for planning and execution of annual fundraisers
- Track registration for RJD programs and events
- Maintain meticulous records, working closely with bookkeeper to process/deposit checks, credit cards, payments, matching gifts
- Provide basic office administrative support (office supplies, mail, invoicing, filing)
- Coordinate with volunteers for projects, as necessary
- Coordinate basic marketing tasks, including free listings, bi-weekly e-news, and updates to website
- Administrative support to the Board of trustees (scheduling, file keeping, document management)
- Fluency in Raisers Edge, and/or Donor View development software
- Aptitude for digital technology, and data collection, sorting and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including time management, prioritization and the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with WordPress, Square Space, and Constant Contact, or similar.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom, and social media platforms Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- 2+ years experience in and knowledge of best practices in donor/membership management
Email or mail cover letter, resume and three professional references to Dawn Salerno, Executive Director, Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum, 396 County Street, New Bedford, MA 02740 / firstname.lastname@example.org. RJD is an equal opportunity employer.
Internship opportunities at the Museum are available year-round. See details of how to apply by reading here about the RJD Internship Program.
If you are interested in volunteering at the RJD Museum, please visit our volunteer page.